Flight Explorer Launches New Consumer-Friendly Website to Meet Needs of Holiday and Business Travelers
-- Redesigned website provides free flight tracking and airport information tools --
McLean, VA – November 15, 2006 – With the hectic holiday travel season fast approaching, Flight Explorer (FE), the world’s leading provider of real-time global flight tracking information, today launched its revamped consumer focused website www.flightexplorer.com. The launch of the new website follows the November 1st announcement of the company’s partnership with air traffic expert and on-air personality, Rally Caparas.
Providing real-time flight and airport status information, FE overhauled the design and navigation of the site, making it simple not only to track flights, but also to provide airport information, pre-travel tools, security wait times, travel tips from Rally and more.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Air Travel Consumer Report, U.S. airlines experienced a higher rate of flight delays in 2005 compared to 2004. These numbers are expected to rise for 2006. “With flightexplorer.com, we can provide travelers the valuable tools they need to enhance their travel experience,” said Jim Kelly, Flight Explorer CEO. “The travel tools we have now made available are just an extension of the powerful products that FE currently provides the business aviation industry. It was natural to expand the use of some of these tools to meet the needs of consumers and air travelers.”
Rally is no stranger to air travel. In fact, Rally is a former FAA Air Traffic Controller. Since the events of September 11, Rally has become the first person in the U.S., and perhaps the world, to provide real-time air traffic reports via the Internet, print and broadcast media outlets. Rally provides live real time air travel updates on CNN Headline News weekday mornings from 6:00 am -10:00 am EST.
“Everyone wants information and they want it now!” explained Caparas. “The Internet is an ideal way to provide air travel information and with flightexplorer.com’s new user-friendly consumer site, anyone can check the status of a flight, view the flight’s route in relation to current weather and zero in on details such as altitude, speed, arrival and departure times in seconds. They can even check the weather in the arrival city to make sure they are packing appropriately.”
Highlights of the redesigned flightexplorer.com website include:
• Single Flight Tracking – real-time en-route, scheduled/planned and arrived flight information in graphical, 3D and textual formats with multiple overlays and zoom levels.
• Flight Check – a comprehensive lookup tool that allows visitors to view and sort all en-route, scheduled/planned and arrived flights by date, airline, aircraft type, flight status, airport and time.
• On-Time Performance History - a 15-day graphical history of a flight’s on-time performance.
• Airport Status– real-time weather, FAA delay, ground traffic and security wait time information for the airport. Includes 2D and 3D views of the current air traffic around the airport.
• Snapshots – real-time images showing air traffic, weather, aviation events, FAA delays and more.
• Airport Terminal Information – driving directions, airport diagrams, parking rates, lists of bars/restaurants/shops and more.
• Rally’s Reports and Blog – view Rally’s daily air travel report, personal views and travel tips.
• Airline Seat Maps – access detailed seat maps and reviews to select the best seat for a flight.
Flight Explorer was first introduced in 1997 and immediately gained recognition as the premiere real-time flight tracking and management system in the aviation industry. Flight arrival and departure information is obtained by using official FAA tracking data, ensuring its reliability.
About Flight Explorer
Flight Explorer (FE) is a global flight tracking, information technology and communications solutions provider to the business aviation and traveler community. As the world’s leading provider of real-time global flight tracking information, reporting and display products, FE provides aviation businesses the robust and reliable decision-support and communications tools that enhance overall flight operations. Flight Explorer provides these business solutions to over 800 corporate clients that includes over 80 percent of North American major airlines and 22 of the top 30 regional airlines. In addition, consumers can also enhance their travel experience with Flight Explorer’s free online flight tracking, airport information tools and daily air travel reports. For more information please contact 1-866-235-6870 or visit www.flightexplorer.com.
For Media Inquires:
Elizabeth Thorp 202-536-2848 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherri Pfefer 954-651-3505 email@example.com