New Diversion Management Tool Highlights Flight Explorer Professional Version 8.6
McLean, Va. (July 29, 2008) — Flight Explorer (FE), a global flight tracking and IT solutions provider to the aviation community, today announced the release of Flight Explorer Professional™ Edition 8.6. With Version 8.6, Flight Explorer has added a powerful diversion management tool, new route display options, METAR enhancements, MyFleet filtering capabilities and enhanced EDCT alerts to its industry leading Aircraft Situation Display (ASD) system. The new diversion management tool enables users to determine the estimated flight range ring based on the current Fuel-on-Board (FOB) and specific burn rate for each aircraft type. This feature will enable flight dispatchers to quickly determine approximate range of flight when making decisions about diversions, emergencies, and ETOPs. (Note: Real-time FOB data must be supplied to FE from the customer via one of our interfaces.)
FE Professional is the industry's most accurate, reliable and widely-used ASD. The system goes beyond “flight tracking” by incorporating multiple data feeds, dynamic weather overlays, situational alerts and forecast weather and air traffic management tools to make FE Professional an essential flight operations management tool.
“Version 8.6 really expands Flight Explorer’s ability to help our customers achieve optimum safety through increased situational awareness for each flight,” said Flight Explorer CTO Jeff Scozzafava. “With Flight Explorer, users can now quickly determine how far an aircraft can proceed given its current fuel load, and if it does need to divert, evaluate the alternative airports available, their capability to service that specific flight and the current weather situation at each of the airports under consideration. All of these diversion management tools are now provided in one tool.”
Key Version 8.6 additions include:
• Fuel-on-Board Range Ring Indicator – Plane range rings can now be set to indicate estimated flight range based on current FOB and specific burn rate for each aircraft type.
• Route Waypoint Name Display – Waypoint names along any flight route can now be displayed.
• METAR Enhancements – Users now have the ability to display parameters around the flight category indicator, including temperature, winds, wind barb, etc.
• Weather Product Delay Notification - Yellow and red background shading in the on-screen weather product legend will indicate delays in a weather product update based on the update rates of the individual product.
• Desktop Interface Enhancement – Flight Explorer can now query for flight data for both planned and schedule flights via the Desktop Interface.
• Save Map Image to File in Spherical Mode – This new feature allows any map window, in flat or spherical modes, in spherical mode to be saved to an image file. Users can specify the file name/path, image format and map window.
FE Professional 8.6 also brings with it updates to key data sources, as well as other enhancements in response to requests from Flight Explorer’s global customer base.
About Flight Explorer
Flight Explorer (FE) is a global flight tracking, information technology and communications solutions provider to the commercial and business aviation community. FE provides these solutions to over 800 corporate clients, including over 85 percent of the North American major and regional airlines. Additionally, consumers can enhance their travel experience with Flight Explorer’s free online flight tracking and airport information tools. For more information please visit www.flightexplorer.com.